It is estimated that every year around 2 million tonnes of WEEE items are discarded by homes and businesses around the UK. As trusted WEEE disposal experts in Newcastle we can assist with all your commercial and domestic electronic recycling requirements as well as offer expert advice.
According to the WEEE Directive 65% of electrical equipment must be recycled in order to reduce the environmental effects these materials have when disposed by landfill. WEEE consists of most products that are plugged in or battery operated, including the following:
- Large and small household appliances
- Home and business IT electrical equipment
- Electric tools and consumer electrical equipment
- Lighting equipment
- Electric operated sports and leisure equipment
- Medical and monitoring equipment
- Automatic dispensers and machines
Many of these products are made from mixed materials, including those that may be hazardous to people and the environment. Our specialist team will ensure they are disposed of or recycled safely and in accordance with UK environmental laws.
For a free consultation or to discuss your unique requirements, speak to a member of our team.